Re: The Shirlmine Corner

Postby Missy » Tue May 27, 2014 11:19 am

AWWW Also yay! It's Sing Sing sing!
Your resident big wheel at the brewery.
Missy
Site Admin

Postby RoxyLaTour » Tue May 27, 2014 11:48 am

I love Sing Sing Sing-- Lavenny are adorbs. Sabrina Bouche can gtfo. I think Cindy did a terrific job directing it-- that Standing on the Corner camera blocking was perfection. Wish she'd done much more directing.
"I'm the queen of fun!"
RoxyLaTour

Postby Missy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:40 pm

YES OMG. I ship pretty much everyone in that ep, and there's bonus Awesome Squiggy.
Missy
Site Admin

Postby RoxyLaTour » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Image Image

I'd forgotten how great this ep is for Sharmine shipping. That scene where he's working out in the girls' apartment is wonderful. It feels like they're already a married couple. All the "sweetie" "honey" and "baby", and then when she confronts him about his fear of failure...

"Gee Carmine, you can't fail. You go there tomorrow and you give it your best shot. You climb into that ring and you say 'It's me, Carmine Ragusa, the Big Ragoo, the best Ragoo there is' and you've already won, don't you see? Whether you get the part or not. You know something else? I'll be real proud of you too."

And then...

"I'm proud of you, Carmine. I'm proud of you."
"You're the one that makes me sweat when I'm taking a cold shower. (On one knee) Shirley Feeney, you're the woman that I long for from sunset to dawn!"

AUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHH. They are just so right together. How the name of Boo Boo Kitty does she marry Walter Meany????
"I'm the queen of fun!"
RoxyLaTour

Postby Missy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:03 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW <3
Missy
Site Admin

Postby RoxyLaTour » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 pm

"Can we go back to seeing each other?"
"Yeah, I'd like that. I mean, why should we let two rotten days spoil two wonderful years? Especially when you're crazy about somebody."
"Are you crazy about me?"
"Oh, uhh no, that's not exactly what I meant to say. What I meant to say was that--"
"I'm crazy about you too, Shirl."

OHHHHHHHH... my HEARRRRRTTTTTT. This SCEEEEEENNNNE!!!! Why is it so PERFECT?!?!?!

Shirley puts herself way out there, says she's crazy about him. You can see his heart explode in his chest and come out in his voice "Are you crazy about me?" OMG,his VOICE. He's so happy, and the way he steps to her and gets hold of her hand. He so needed to hear that right then. She immediately tries to recapture control, because she's Shirley of course (and hey, she'd just been hurt), and ineffectually tries to back out of her words (LIAR! LOL), but then he comes right back at her again with that "I'm crazy about you too, Shirl" and I DIE. Again, his voice and the way he looks at her. I love that he knows her so well and walks right over her nonsense denial to say exactly the right thing to pull her back. Gahhhhhhhhh.

And then the next scene where she's touching the kewpie doll to her lips after he leaves-- "I feel so happy. So peaceful." Shirley and Carmine are LOOOOVE.

As much as I joke about his other reasons, I have to agree with Eddie that these quiet, intimate scenes with S & C are wonderful. They're wonderful for the show too.
"I'm the queen of fun!"
RoxyLaTour

Postby Missy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:02 pm

IDK but they SO are :)
Missy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Shipping and Other Stuff